(Part-Time vacancies) Classification:
Supervisor, Conversions GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
Include the setting up and dismantling of performance/game areas, and applicable seating and signage for events REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Please Refer to the Job Requirements sheet KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Cheerful, embraces fun and celebration in the workplace
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Works cooperatively, strives to meet team goals
- Excellence through innovation, commitment and continual improvement
- A passion for success
- Works with enthusiasm, dedication, respect and pride
- Strong customer/fan focus
- Receptive to new ideas and approaches, adapts well to change
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, specifying position applied for, no later than Friday, June 30, 2010. It is preferable that you submit your application (use MS Word or PDF format) via email
; alternatively fax to 604-899-7451 and clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.Job Requirements Sheet:
|Dimension ||Requirement |
|Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills || |
- Shows respect for the thoughts, feelings, and opinions of others.
- Demonstrates good judgment and responsible behaviour in dealing with people.
- Assists co-workers, whenever necessary.
- Encourages teamwork among the team.
- Knows when and where to seek assistance.
- Adheres to safety practices and procedures in executing responsibilities.
|Communication Skills || |
- Able to communicate ideas, questions, and responses to coworkers, crew leaders, and supervisors.
- Able to read and understand safety instructions, manuals and diagrams.
- Talks to co-workers in a professional manner.
- Uses body language, facial expressions, and vocal tone in an appropriate manner, which does not offend or discriminate against others.
- Listens to, interprets, understands, uses, and responds to, verbal and written forms of communication (e.g., safety rules, incident reports, etc.).
- Can follow instructions and directions.
|Personal Management Skills || |
- Possesses a positive attitude to change, growth and learning.
- Displays initiative, energy, and enthusiasm to get a job done.
- Controls anger and emotions in potentially volatile and/or stressful situations; maintains composure under pressure.
- Adheres to Company’s appearance standards in maintaining a clean and professional image.
- Attends work regularly, arrives punctually, and returns from rest periods promptly.
- Respects and adheres to Company policies, procedures, and rules.
- Assumes accountability for actions taken.
- Able to think critically and act logically to evaluate situations, solve problems and make decisions.
|Physical/Mental Abilities || |
- Lifting (repetitive and moderate weights), bending, stretching, reaching, and twisting required throughout shift in the set up and break down of stages, game playing areas, displays, signage, etc.
- Strong eye-hand coordination.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Excellent spatial orientation and visual capabilities.
- Able to work under tight time lines and the resulting deadline pressure.
- Able to work in a noisy and crowded environment.
|Specialized Requirements || |
- Able to learn conversion system within an acceptable time frame.
- Able to use required tools and equipment.
- Able to use a radio.
|Other Requirements || |
- Clean work record.
- Above average attendance and accident avoidance record.
- Able to work night shifts (i.e. 11pm -7am).
|Assets for Selection (not requirements) || |
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- First Aid certificate.
- Experience working in a service oriented organization as an employee or volunteer.
- Demonstrated knowledge or interest in the sport and entertainment events planned for GM Place.
- Forklift experience.
- Forklift certificate from a recognized training institute, program, or organization.
- Previous conversions and/or general labour experience.