Arena OperationsReports to:
Vice President & General Manager, Arena OperationsSUMMARY:
The Manager, Event Sales & Marketing is responsible for booking all non Canuck events in General Motors Place. The primary focus will be to maintain our current relationships and level of business with our existing promoter clients and then to proactively source new event opportunities which make financial sense for our venue. This will require the development of relationships with executive level promoters and agents. This position will be required to identify potential events, evaluate the viability and risk profile, negotiate and close deals, manage the facility booking system and work with internal event managers to operationalize the events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES:
- Manage Event Booking Schedule
- Administer Eventbookings.com, our building scheduling software system
- Field all queries for building rentals
- Send out building availability information to promoters and agents
- Administer entry of dates in calendar, clear dates as required, manage date challenges
- Coordinate bookings with other building requirements
- Liaise with the NHL on administering booking dates (preseason, regular season, & playoffs)
- Administer Key Relationship with Live Nation and Negotiate Building Deals
- Establish an excellent working relationship with key LN staff
- Administer our Preferred Building Deal
- Negotiate exceptions to the standard deal as appropriate
- Identify and develop new joint marketing opportunities in partnership with LN
- Negotiate Building Deals with other promoters
- Establish a good working relationship with other key promoters
- Negotiate appropriate building deals with these promoters
- Recommend most appropriate venue mode to new promoters
- If required, design and execute marketing programs for events or facilitate marketing support from 3rd parties
- Evaluate risk factors associated with new proposals and implement appropriate financial and operational safeguards into the deals
- Assess new promoter contacts to determine if they are legitimate and terminate negotiations in an appropriate manner for those that are not Facilitate Exchange of Operational Information between Promoters and Event Managers
- Provide rider information to Event Managers
- Obtain Event Costing from Event Managers to use in deal negotiations
- Provide all relevant information to Finance to facilitate event settlement
- Assist in preparation of ticketing information and manifests
- Issue event announcements internally and externally
- Ensure sponsorship policies are communicated to and from promoters and are followed by both parties Event Day Coordination
- Act as building management representative to liaise with Tour Management on event days
- Identify in advance and help to resolve any potential settlement issues
- Escort media photographers, writers, and video teams during events Marketing and New Event Development
- Identify appropriate advertising/marketing activities for the building and implement after Executive approval
- Monitor event activity in other buildings to identify events we should be actively pursuing
- Participate in industry functions to establish an appropriate network of industry contacts (locally and throughout North America)
- Conduct market research to identify trends and opportunities for new events suitable for our venue Reporting
- Issue event announcements to all necessary departments to initiate preparations for each event
- Prepare annual forecasts of events for corporate budgeting purposes
- Prepare a weekly status report listing all events under consideration for the venue
- Prepare a monthly event report comparing our venue activity to other relevant venues
- Monitor event information included on our website to ensure it is current and accurate.
- Provide new event information to the Web Dept to update the site.
- Diploma or Degree in related discipline (e.g. Marketing & Sales)
- 3 – 5 years experience in live event production and management
- Ability to design and execute marketing programs for entertainment events.
- Ability to gain access to and develop good working relationships with key players in the entertainment business, many of which are at a senior level.
- Strong initiative to aggressively source new, viable event opportunities.
- Ability to evaluate viability and legitimacy of new promoters looking to book events.
- Ability to evaluate the risk factors for events under negotiation and to structure deals that take advantage of opportunity while minimizing our risks.
- Ability to negotiate and close deals that are favorable to CS&E over the long term.
- Ability to review contracts to identify errors or omissions and to give instructions to the legal department for the preparation of contracts.
- Strong interpersonal & team skills to establish cooperative working relationships with a variety of departments, partners, and touring staff, often working under high stress
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required by the event schedule
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions under pressure, tight time deadlines and/or financial constraints
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Cheerful, embraces fun and celebration in the workplace
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Works cooperatively, strives to meet team goals
- Excellence through innovation, commitment and continual improvement
- A passion for success
- Works with enthusiasm, dedication, respect and pride
- Strong customer/fan focus
- Receptive to new ideas and approaches, adapts well to change.
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, specifying position applied for, no later than March 8, 2010. It is preferable that you apply online by accessing our website at www.canucks.com; alternatively you may fax your application to (604) 899-7451.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.