Vancouver, B.C. -
The Vancouver Canucks announced today that they will once again hold their Fan Appreciation Night featuring "Jerseys Off Our Backs" on Thursday, April 5th when they play the Colorado Avalanche at General Motors Place in the team's last regular season home game.
Canucks fans once again sold out General Motors Place for all 41 home games this season. The sell-out streak is now at 168 games.
The "Jerseys Off Our Backs" celebration will see Canucks players present their game worn sweaters to 24 lucky fans at the conclusion of the game, to thank them for their support throughout the season. Fans will be chosen through a random draw and will be escorted onto the ice after the final buzzer sounds.
Fan Appreciation Night will also see Canucks fans have the chance to win a number of great prizes at the game, including a 26" Sony flat screen television and a pair of tickets to game #1 of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Other prizes include an autographed Canucks jersey, autographed Canucks t-shirts, and gift cards from Saltlik. Additional prizes from Authentix, Nestle, Smirnoff Ice, The Keg Steakhouse & Bar, OK and Toyo Tires, Esso, and Universal Music will be awarded throughout the game.
In addition to the "Jerseys Off Our Backs" presentation, the evening will also include a video presentation of the award winners from round one of the Ultimate Canucks Search fan generated content challenge, as well as the Canucks annual player awards and the Molson Cup. Canucks Player Awards
- Cyrus McLean Award: Given to the Canucks leading scorer
- Fred J. Hume Award: Given to the Canucks "unsung hero", voted on by the Canucks booster club
- The Canucks Most Exciting Player Award: As voted on by the fans
- Walter "Babe" Pratt Award: Given to the Canucks best defenceman as voted by the fans
- Cyclone Taylor Award: Given to the team MVP as voted by the fans
- The Molson Cup:Awarded by the sports media. Based on the number of points accumulated by selection as one of the Molson Cup "three stars" throughout the regular season