The “Jerseys Off Our Backs” celebration will see Canucks players present their game worn sweaters to 27 lucky fans at the conclusion of the game in an effort to thank them for their support throughout the season. A total of 25 Fans will be chosen through a random draw and escorted onto the ice after the final buzzer sounds. An additional two fans will be pre-selected through the Ultimate Canucks Search and a TELUS Mobile contest.
Fan Appreciation Night also offers Canucks fans the chance to win a number of great prizes at the game. A 2008 ‘Team Canada Edition’ Chevrolet Equinox will be given away as part of the Chevrolet Last Minute of Play Vehicle Giveaway contest. Other prizes include two Sony Bravia 26-inch digital televisions, one LG Shine Mobile phone for the TELUS ‘Fave Fan’, lanyards from TELUS with a coupon for $40 off a Canucks jersey at the Canucks Team Store and travel mugs from Tim Hortons.
In addition to the “Jerseys Off Our Backs” presentation, the evening will also include a video presentation of the award winners from round one of the Ultimate Canucks Search fan generated content challenge, as well as the Canucks annual player awards and the Molson Cup.Canucks Player Awards
- Cyrus McLean Award: Given to the Canucks leading scorer
- Fred J. Hume Award: Given to the Canucks “unsung hero”, voted on by the Canucks booster club
- The Canucks Most Exciting Player Award: As voted on by the fans
- Walter “Babe” Pratt Award: Given to the Canucks best defenceman as voted by the fans
- Cyclone Taylor Award: Given to the team MVP as voted by the fans
- The Molson Cup: Awarded by the sports media. Based on the number of points accumulated by selection as one of the Molson Cup “three stars” throughout the regular season