Click for Naslund's Audio Clips or Nonis' Audio Clips
Vancouver Canucks Senior Vice-President and General Manager Dave Nonis announced today that the Canucks have re-signed Markus Naslund to a new three-year deal through the 2007-08 season. In keeping with club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. Naslund was reached via a conference call in Sweden for comment.
Naslund Audio Clips
Please be aware, some of these clips are long and may take a minute to load!
1. Markus Naslund makes some opening remarks about the deal.
2. Nazzy comments on his keeping a low profile during the lockout and through the negotiations.
3. After a long season in Sweden Markus says he was eager to get back to North America to play hockey.
4. Naslund feels the Canucks are in good shape in keeping their team mostly intact.
5. Naslund comments on the rumours of him wanting to play with Peter Forsberg this season.
6. With the new rules coming in Markus thinks they will mostly help the Canucks.
7. Markus knew he would end up with Vancouver again this season even though he had other offers.
Nonis Audio Clips
1. Dave Nonis makes some opening remarks about the deal.
2. Nonis talks about the Brent Sopel trade.
3. Dave doesn't think Markus came at a discounted price.
4. After moves by Calgary and Edmonton Nonis says it is going to be tough to compete in the Western Conference.
5. Dave Nonis says he didn't have to give Markus any assurances about players, just that they were going to do what it takes to win.
6. With the Naslund signing out of the way Nonis looks ahead to what might be next in line for the Canucks.
7. Nonis comments on what the Canucks will do next on D.
8. Dave likes his top four D-men and talks about possible pairings.