Tonight is Vaisakhi night in recognition of the Vaisakhi parades that were recently cancelled due to the pandemic. This year's game includes a commemorative icon created by local artist Jag Nagra that fuses Vaisakhi with the Canucks brand. More information can be found here.
Video: PREGAME | Green vs. Senators
Video: PREGAME | Motte vs. Senators
- Tonight marks the seventh of nine meetings between Ottawa and Vancouver this season: Jan. 25 (7-1 W), Jan. 27 (5-1 W), Jan. 28 (4-1 W), Mar. 15 (3-2 OTW), Mar. 17 (3-2 SOW), Apr. 22 (3-0 L), Apr. 24 (home), Apr. 26 (road), Apr. 28 (road).
- Vancouver is 8-2-0 in their last 10 games vs Ottawa (4-1-0 in their last 5).
- The Canucks have a 30-17-2-2 all-time record in 5 contests vs the Senators. Vancouver owns a 17-8-1-1 all-time record at home vs Ottawa.
- Quinn Hughes (1-5-6) leads the Canucks in scoring in the 2020.21 season series vs Ottawa.
- Vancouver boasts the highest save-percentage in the North Division against Ottawa this season (.954 SV%).
- Thatcher Demko is 5-2-0 in his career vs the Senators, with a 1.98 GAA and .943 SV%.
- Braden Holtby owns a 10-3-1 record in 14 career games vs Ottawa along with a 1.99 GAA and .935 SV%.
- Brock Boeser has 14 points (4-10-14) in his last 16 games.
- Bo Horvat has 14 points (7-7-14) in his last 14 games.
- Nils Hoglander has 10 points (6-4-10) in his last 16 games.
- Quinn Hughes has 10 points (1-9-10) in his last 15 games.
- J.T. Miller has 12 points (5-7-12) in his last 16 games.
- Thatcher Demko (8-4-0) has posted a 2.14 GAA and .936 SV% over his last 12 starts.
- Braden Holtby (2-0-1) has registered a 2.90 GAA and .924 SV% over his last 3 games played.
LAST MEETING - APR. 22/21: VAN 0 vs OTT 3
Travis Hamonic, Bo Horvat, and Nate Schmidt each recorded 4 shots on goal as Vancouver outshot Ottawa 31-25...Jake Virtanen led all Canucks with 4 hits for the second straight game...Travis Hamonic and Olli Juolevi shared the team lead in blocked shots (3)...Quinn Hughes led Vancouver skaters in TOI (27:12)...J.T. Miller set new career-highs in face-offs taken (24) and face-off wins (18)...Thatcher Demko made 23 saves in his first appearance since Mar. 24/21.
Video: VAN Recap: Demko stops 22 of 24 shots in a 3-0 loss
- Ashton Sautner loaned to taxi squad, Apr. 21/21
- Guillaume Brisebois loaned to Utica, Apr. 21/21
- Olli Juolevi and Ashton Sautner recalled from squad under emergency conditions, Apr. 20/21
- Guillaume Brisebois and Tyler Graovac loaned to taxi squad, Apr. 20/21
- Kole Lind, Tyler Graovac, Guillaume Brisebois, and Michael DiPietro recalled from squad under emergency conditions, Apr. 18/21
- Brogan Rafferty loaned to taxi squad, Apr. 18/21
ICE IN THEIR VEINS
Logging 27:12 in time on ice on Apr. 22/21 vs Ottawa, Quinn Hughes has now led all Canucks in TOI in 17 of 40 games this season and in 12 of the last 20 games played. His average TOI/GP this season (23:00) also ranks fifth among all North Division skaters. Fellow teammate J.T. Miller is averaging 21:17 in TOI/GP this season, which ranks 8th among all NHL forwards, and leads all NHL forwards in shifts per game (26.4).
LOOKING TO BOUNCE BACK
Vancouver has a 1-2-1 record this season when coming off a shutout loss, but holds a record of 15-8-3 in the next game after being shutout since the beginning of the 2017.18 season. In those 26 games coming off a shutout loss, the Canucks have averaged 3.27 goals for and 2.96 goals against.
The Canucks enter play tonight sporting a 5-1-0 record against the Senators, which ranks as their most wins against a single opponent this
season. Vancouver has also recorded 3.67 goals per game, 1.67 goals against per game, and a +12 goal differential (22 GF, 10 GA) against Ottawa this season, which are their best totals against any opponent in 2021.
PILING ON THE POINTS
Tallying a goal and two assists on Apr. 20/21 vs Toronto, Quinn Hughes reached and exceeded the 30-point mark (3-28-31) in just his 39th game played this season, which ranks as the sixth-fewest games to 30 points by a defenceman in Canucks history behind Paul Reinhart (28, 30), Jeff Brown (31), Doug Lidster (38), Rick Lanz (38), and Kevin McCarthy (38).
THIRD PERIOD PERFORMER
Notching two goals in the third period, including the GWG on Apr. 20/21 vs Toronto, Tanner Pearson leads all Canucks in third period goals (19) since being acquired on Feb. 25/19, ranking ahead of Horvat (16), Pettersson (14), and Boeser (14) in that time.
Collecting three points (1-2-3) on Apr. 20/21 vs Toronto, Quinn Hughes recorded the sixth career three-point game of his career, vaulting him into a tie for 10th-most three-point games by a Canucks defenceman in franchise history. He trails Lumme (16), Edler (12), Kearns (11), Lanz (10), Jovanovski (8), and four others tied with seven three-point games.
PUT A BO ON IT
Matching a personal season-high with three points (2-1-3) on Apr. 18/21, Bo Horvat tied Brock Boeser for the team-lead in goals (16) this season, while also surpassing Ryan Kesler and J.T. Miller for 3rd place in franchise history for overtime goals (4) by a centre. His four career overtime markers rank t-8th among all skaters in Canucks history, while his 16 game-winners are 6th-most among all Vancouver centres.