Tonight we commemorate Earth Day with our Green Night, presented by Toyota. Help clean your community for a chance at some prizes. Details here.
- Tonight marks the sixth of nine meetings between Ottawa and Vancouver this season: Jan. 25 (7-1 W), Jan. 27 (5-1 W), Jan. 28 (4-1 W), Mar. 15 (3-2 OTW), Mar. 17 (3-2 SOW), Apr. 22 (home), Apr. 24 (home), Apr. 26 (road), Apr. 28 (road).
- Vancouver is 8-1-1 in their last 10 games vs Ottawa (5-0-0 in their last 5).
- The Canucks have a 30-16-2-2 all-time record in 50 contests vs the Senators.
- Vancouver owns a 17-7-1-1 all-time record at home vs Ottawa. Quinn Hughes (1-5-6) leads the Canucks in scoring in the 2020.21 season series vs Ottawa.
- Vancouver boasts the highest save-percentage in the North Division against Ottawa this season (.964 SV%).
- Thatcher Demko is 5-1-0 in his career vs the Senators, with a 1.97 GAA and .946 SV%.
- Braden Holtby owns a 10-3-1 record in 14 career games vs Ottawa along with a 1.99 GAA and .935 SV%.
- Brock Boeser has 14 points (4-10-14) in his last 15 games.
- Bo Horvat has 14 points (7-7-14) in his last 13 games.
- Nils Höglander has 10 points (6-4-10) in his last 15 games.
- Quinn Hughes has 10 points (1-9-10) in his last 14 games.
- J.T. Miller has 12 points (5-7-12) in his last 15 games.
- Thatcher Demko (8-3-0) has posted a 2.15 GAA and .937 SV% over his last 11 starts.
- Braden Holtby (2-0-1) has registered a 2.90 GAA and .924 SV% over his last 3 games played.
LAST MEETING - MAR. 17/21: VAN 3 at OTT 2 (SO)
Brock Boeser opened the scoring with his team-leading 15th goal of the season at 2:29 in the first period...Bo Horvat and Nate Schmidt recorded the assists on the play...Bo Horvat doubled Vancouver's lead with his 13th goal of the season at 8:26 in the first period, assisted by Nils Höglander...Adam Gaudette scored the lone shootout goal to give Vancouver their third straight win...Nate Schmidt led all skaters with 5 shots...Zack MacEwen led the team in hits (5)...Travis Hamonic led all skaters with 6 blocked shots...Bo Horvat won 19 face-offs...Thatcher Demko made 30 saves and stopped all four shots faced in the shootout.
Video: Demko, Gaudette lift Canucks to 3-2 shootout win
LAST GAME PLAYED - APR. 20/21: VAN 6 vs TOR 3
Brandon Sutter erased Vancouver's deficit with a goal at 5:33 in the second period...Brock Boeser and Travis Hamonic recorded the assists on the play...Quinn Hughes gave Vancouver their first lead of the game on a goal assisted by J.T. Miller at 10:08 in the second period...Nils Höglander scored to tie the game with his third goal in as many games as 6:43 in the third period...Brock Boeser and Quinn Hughes each recorded their second points of the night with assists on the play...Tanner Pearson restored Vancouver's one-goal lead with a power play marker at 9:48 in the third period, assisted by J.T. Miller and Quinn Hughes...Tanner Pearson (unassisted) and Brandon Sutter (assisted by Nate Schmidt) each contributed their second goals of the game at 13:36 and 19:24, respectively, to cement a 6-3 victory...Jake Virtanen led the club in hits (4)...Tyler Myers led all skaters in blocked shots (5)...Braden Holtby made 37 saves for to record back-to-back wins for the first time this season.
Video: Pearson, Holtby lift Canucks over Maple Leafs, 6-3
- Olli Juolevi and Ashton Sautner recalled from squad under emergency conditions, Apr. 20/21
- Guillaume Brisebois and Tyler Graovac loaned to taxi squad, Apr. 20/21
- Kole Lind, Tyler Graovac, Guillaume Brisebois, and Michael DiPietro recalled from squad under emergency conditions, Apr. 18/21
- Brogan Rafferty loaned to taxi squad, Apr. 18/21
With a win tonight, Vancouver can match a franchise record for consecutive wins (6) against Ottawa. The last time the Canucks collected a sixth straight victory against the Senators was on Nov. 28/13, as part of a streak which began on Mar. 13/10.
The Canucks also enter play tonight sporting a 5-0-0 record against the Senators, joining Edmonton (OTT), Carolina (NSH), Vegas (SJ), Washington (NJ), and the New York Islanders (BUF) as one of six NHL teams to remain undefeated against a single opponent this season.
PILING ON THE POINTS
Tallying a goal and two assists on Apr. 20/21 vs Toronto, Quinn Hughes reached and exceeded the 30-point mark (3-28-31) in just his 39th game played this season, which ranks as the sixth-fewest games to 30 points by a defenceman in Canucks history behind Paul Reinhart (28, 30), Jeff Brown (31), Doug Lidster (38), Rick Lanz (38), and Kevin McCarthy (38).
THIRD PERIOD PERFORMER
Notching two goals in the third period, including the GWG on Apr. 20/21 vs Toronto, Tanner Pearson leads all Canucks in third period goals (19) since being acquired on Feb. 25/19, ranking ahead of Horvat (16), Pettersson (14), and Boeser (14) in that time.
Collecting three points (1-2-3) on Apr. 20/21 vs Toronto, Quinn Hughes recorded the sixth career three-point game of his career, vaulting him into a tie for 10th-most three-point games by a Canucks defenceman in franchise history. He trails Lumme (16), Edler (12), Kearns (11), Lanz (10), Jovanovski (8), and four others tied with seven three-point games.