Vancouver, BC -- The Vancouver Canucks announced today that once again, a carryover of unclaimed 50/50 funds from the 2008.09 season will be added to the jackpot for the Vancouver Canucks home opener against the Columbus Blue Jackets on October 5th. A total of $55,010 will be added to the winner’s share of the evening’s Canucks for Kids Fund 50/50 draw. Last season’s home opener saw the lucky winner take home $164,419.
In addition to the prize of $55,010, half of the proceeds from 50/50 ticket sales on October 5th will be added to the grand prize. Last season, an average of $23,665 was given to winners at each Vancouver Canucks home game.
The Canucks for Kids Fund 50/50 draws see half of the draw’s total earnings given to one lucky fan with the winning 50/50 ticket. The other fifty percent of the proceeds are donated to the Canucks for Kids Fund in support of Canuck Place Children’s Hospice and Canucks Autism Network. Last season, $965,864 was raised by the Canucks for Kids Fund 50/50 draw and granted to children’s charities.
The Canucks for Kids Fund dedicates resources to assist charities who support children’s health and wellness, foster the development of grassroots hockey, and facilitate and encourage education in British Columbia. Thanks to the generosity of our fans, donors, players, employees and sponsor partners, the CFKF has granted over $28 million to charities in British Columbia over the last two decades serving over 85 different organizations helping them to reach their goals
Core beneficiaries of grants include; Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, which offers specialized care for B.C. children living with life-threatening conditions; BC Children’s Hospital Foundation for adolescent mental health, diabetes research, gastroenterology and pediatric playroom; and the Canucks Autism Network (CAN), which strives to enhance the quality of life for families living with autism in British Columbia.Canucks for Kids Fund 50/50 Rules and Information:
- Tickets are 3 for $5 or 7 for $10.
- Must be 19 years or older to purchase a 50/50 ticket.
- Ticket buyers are given one of the tickets and the other matching ticket remains with the seller to place in the draw bin.
- Tickets are sold prior to game time. Most ticket sales are finished at the end of the first intermission although tickets are still available in the suites and at the 50/50 table at section 101 until the 2nd intermission.
- Ticket sales are at all Vancouver Canucks hockey games at GM Place.
- Volunteers sell tickets at all entrances to GM Place, on the concourse, in the Brew House Grill and in the suites on the 200, 400 and 500 levels. Some volunteers also sell in the bowl during the 1st period.
- There is a 50/50 table set up in the concourse at section 101 where 50/50 staff members are available to answer questions and sell tickets during the game.
- The draw is done at the beginning of the third period on the concourse at section 101. A random ticket is drawn from the ticket draw bin by an individual who has not purchased a ticket.
- The winning number is announced in the 3rd period. In the case of a discrepancy between the announced number and the actual number – the actual number will be considered to be the valid winning ticket.
- Prize can be claimed at Guest Services at section 114. Winners have 60 days to claim the prize. Unclaimed prizes will be redrawn during the first game of the next regular season. Prize is paid by cheque and will be mailed within 15 days of claiming the prize.
- Tickets may be sold and purchased only in British Columbia
- Winning numbers and amounts are posted at guest services on 100 and 300 levels as well as in the River Rock Club.
- Winning numbers and amounts are also available on the Canucks website at www.canucks.nhl.com or by calling the 50/50 hotline number at 604-899-7850.
- The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 raffle at Canucks’ home games: 50/50 contractors, staff and volunteers, employees of the Vancouver Canucks who are at the director level or above, and members of the board for the Canucks for Kids Fund.
- To contact the 50/50 please call the 50/50 hotline number at 604-899-7850.
|Actual odds depend on # of tickets sold. || |
BC Gaming Event Licence #17840.
Problem Gambling Help Line 1-888-795-6111 www.bcresponsiblegambling.ca
Know your limit, play within it.
19+ to play!
Please play responsibly. For more information, please visit www.bcresponsiblegambling.ca.