Tonight's game is presented by Budweiser.
- Tonight marks the eighth of 10 matchups between Edmonton and Vancouver this season: Jan. 13 (5-3 W), Jan. 14 (5-2 L), Feb. 23 (4-3 L), Feb. 25 (3-0 L), Mar. 13 (2-1 W), May 3 (5-3 L), May 4 (4-1 L), May 6 (road), May 8 (road), May 15 (road).
- Vancouver is 4-6-0 in their last 10 games vs Edmonton (1-4-0 in their last 5).
- The Canucks have a 106-118-19-12 all-time record in 255 contests vs the Oilers. Vancouver is 46-67-7-6 all-time on the road vs Edmonton.
- Bo Horvat (3-2-5) leads the Canucks in scoring in the 2020.21 season series vs Edmonton.
- Among active Canucks skaters, Alex Edler (9-25-34 in 68 GP) has the most career points vs Edmonton.
Video: PREGAME | Green at Oilers
Video: PREGAME | Hughes at Oilers
- Brock Boeser has 10 points (5-5-10) in his last 15 games.
- Nils Höglander has 10 points (4-6-10) in his last 15 games.
- Bo Horvat has 13 points (4-9-13) in his last 15 games.
- Quinn Hughes has 7 points (1-6-7) in his last 9 games.
- J.T. Miller has 7 points (3-4-7) in his last 9 games.
- Thatcher Demko (8-7-0) has posted a 2.58 GAA and .921 SV% over his last 15 starts.
- Braden Holtby (3-3-0) has registered a 2.87 GAA and .910 SV% over his last 6 starts.
LAST MEETING - MAY 4/21: VAN 1 vs EDM 4
Brock Boeser opened the scoring just 34 seconds into the first period, marking the team's second fastest goal to start a game this season (fastest: Boeser, 29 seconds, Jan. 30/21 at WPG)...Nils Höglander recorded his second assist in as many games, while Alex Edler picked up the second assist on the play...Nils Höglander led all Canucks in shots (5) and takeaways (3)...Alex Edler led all skaters with 5 blocked shots...Jack Rathbone logged 12:04 in TOI and registered one shot in his NHL debut...Thatcher Demko faced 27 shots.
Video: Condensed Game: Oilers @ Canucks
- Jack Rathbone recalled from taxi squad, May 3/21
- Tyler Graovac recalled from taxi squad under emergency conditions, May 3/21
- Jonah Gadjovich recalled from Utica to taxi squad, May 1/21
- Arturs Silovs loaned to taxi squad, Apr. 28/21
- Arturs Silovs recalled from taxi squad under emergency conditions, Apr. 26/21
- Kole Lind recalled from taxi squad, Apr. 26/21
Registering an assist in back-to-back games on May 3-4 vs Edmonton, Nils Höglander now has 22 points (9-13-22) in his rookie campaign, which ranks t-8th in the NHL among rookies. He also has 21 even-strength points (4th), 94 shots (6th), 36 takeaways (1st) and is averaging 15:28 in TOI (7th among forwards, min. 20 GP).
200 AND COUNTING
Scoring just 34 seconds into the first period on May 4/21 vs Edmonton, Brock Boeser recorded his 200th career NHL point (94-106-200). Accomplishing the milestone in just his 244th career regular season game, Boeser became the fourth fastest player to reach 200 points in Canucks history, behind Pavel Bure (174), Patrik Sundstrom (216), and Stan Smyl (239).
A SEASON OF DEBUTS
Defenceman Jack Rathbone became the sixth Canuck to make his NHL debut this season on May 4/21 vs Edmonton, joining Juolevi, Höglander, Chatfield, Michaelis, and Lind. Vancouver's six NHL debuts in 2020.21 are tied for fourth-most in the League, behind only Chicago (8), San Jose (8), and New Jersey (7).
NOT SO GREEN
Head Coach Travis Green coached his 280th regular season game behind the Canucks bench on May 4/21 vs Edmonton, tying Pat Quinn for fifth-most regular season games coached in franchise history. Coach Green took sole possession of fifth place on the Canucks all-time regular season coaching wins list on Mar. 1/21 in a 4-0 victory at Winnipeg.
The Canucks rank fourth in the NHL for blocked shots per 60 minutes (14.50), with both Travis Hamonic (7.38 Bks/60) and Alex Edler (6.59 BkS/60) ranking inside the top 10 in the NHL for blocked shots per 60 minutes at second and seventh place, respectively (minimum 25 GP).
FROM THE POINT
With Alex Edler recording an assist on Vancouver's lone goal on May 4/21 vs Edmonton, Vancouver has now received 92 points from their defencemen this season, which accounts for an NHL-high 29.9% of team points. The Canucks' 40.4% share of team assists from defencemen is also the highest in the NHL.