Click here for the Audio Clips
The Canucks had an optional skate this morning, with Mattias Ohlund being the only Canuck veteran here today. Ohlund has yet to pack for his trip to the Olympic games in Turin where he along with the Sedin's will be forced to play the enemies against team-mates Jarkko Ruutu, and Sami Salo who will be representing Team Finland. Although Ohlund is excited for the Games he and the rest of the team must be focused on the game tonight vs. Minnesota in order to leave off on a winning note before the break. Mattias Ohlund comments below on playing for Team Sweden.
During practice today, the Canucks worked primarily on taking shots at Maxime Ouellet, who's hard work has shown to have paid off. Maxime Ouellet was given the opportunity to make a statement in the last game, saving all 17 of the 17 shots he faced when Alex Auld was pulled.
Please be aware, these clips may be long and may take a minute to load!
1. Ohlund is looking forward to the Olympics, but is focused on defeating Minnesota tonight.
2. Mojzis says his experience with the Canucks would be even more memorable if they could get some more wins in.
3. Burrows says hark work is crucial to winning the special teams battle tonight.
4. Park would like to continue their success at home vs. Minnesota.
4. Crawford talks about maintaining focus through distractions in the league and surrounding the Olympics.