Vancouver, B.C. – The Vancouver Canucks announced today several playoff experiences for fans to help build excitement around the biggest games of the season. Select tickets for the first round playoff series are still available with further holds to be released within 48 hours of each game. For up-to-the-minute information fans are encouraged to follow @CanucksTickets on Twitter or visit Canucks.com/Tickets. The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs are presented by Sportsnet and will include a variety of initiatives, ranging from Chevrolet Party on the Plaza before every home game, to exclusive content on Canucks.com. The list below includes full details.
Pre-game Party on the Plaza presented by Chevrolet:
· Fans are encouraged to arrive early for every home playoff game at Rogers Arena and participate in the Chevrolet Party on the Plaza beginning two hours before game time. The Chevrolet Party on the Plaza features live music, food trucks, face painting, alumni autograph signing and new this season, a Beer Garden open to ticketed guests 19 years or older for that day’s game. Those in attendance also have the chance to enter to win great prizes including a pair of tickets to upcoming Canucks playoff games.
· Road closure: To accommodate the Chevrolet Party on the Plaza, Pat Quinn Way will be closed to vehicle traffic from 3 pm until one hour after puck drop on playoff game days. Disabled access is available from Pacific Boulevard onto Pat Quinn Way for drop off at Gate 16 during this time.
· Chevrolet Party on the Plaza is made possible thanks to Chevrolet, Sportsnet, Rogers, Scotiabank, SportChek, TSN 1040, Budweiser-Good Sport, Virgin Radio and 103.5 QMFM.
· Every fan attending each home playoff game at Rogers Arena will receive a Playoff Towel courtesy of Sportsnet, Rogers, Scotiabank, SportChek and TSN 1040. Towels are also available at all of the Canucks Team Store locations while supplies last.
Canucks.com Exclusive Content:
· Throughout the playoffs, fans are encouraged to go to Canucks.com for exclusive content including photo galleries, pre- and post-game coverage, and all the stories around the team and the city, even on the road with exclusive all-access content, Behind the Lens photo galleries and the Fort Nucks blog series. Canucks.com will continue its live post-game show this year co-hosted by Joey Kenward and Hannah Bernard, featuring live interviews from the dressing room and coach Desjardins’ press conference, highlights and behind-the-scenes coverage of the action from within Rogers Arena.
· Canucks.com has launched an interactive playoffs microsite where fans can show their support and become more directly involved with the excitement of playoffs on web and social channels. Canucks.com/towelpower will feature a dynamic collection of fan photos, videos and playoff media, displaying the passion Canucks fans have for their team. Fans from around the world can participate through social media using the hashtag #TowelPower on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and upload content to share their stories through the website itself. They can also create a Canucks playoffs-themed profile photo through the Playoffizer. Visit Canucks.com/playoffs to see more.
· The Canucks social media platforms will also host a number of fan initiatives including ticket giveaways, live streams, game day challenges and more. Additionally, the Canucks will produce a regular video series highlighting classic moments from the team’s playoff history. Don’t miss a moment. Go to Canucks.com and follow @VanCanucks on Twitter for more information.
Canucks Playoff Payoff:
· The Canucks in partnership with TSN 1040, Virgin Radio, 103.5 QM/FM and Save-on-Foods will again host the Canucks Playoff Payoff in support of the Canucks for Kids Fund (CFKF). At select Save-on-Foods locations around the lower mainland, Canucks representatives will be joined by TSN 1040’s Bro Jake and Pratt during their live broadcast from 6:00-10:00 a.m. Jonny, Holly & Nira from Virgin Radio and Nat & Drew from 103.5 QM/FM will also be broadcasting live. The Canucks Playoff Payoff raises funds for the Canucks for Kids Fund and provides an opportunity for those participating to win playoff tickets. For more information about the Canucks Playoff Payoff, tune in to TSN 1040, Virgin Radio, 103.5 QM/FM or go to www.TSN1040.ca.
· The Canucks Team Store has added a fourth location for the playoffs. The Morgan Crossing Canucks Store is located at Morgan Crossing located at 15735 Croydon Way in South Surrey. The store will carry playoff merchandise including the head to head pucks, foam fingers, blue primary jerseys and name and number tees for men and women. Canucks Team Stores are also located on Robson Street between Bute & Thurlow, at Rogers Arena (Gate 6) and the Pro Shop at Hastings and Renfrew. All locations are open seven days a week. Please go to Canucks.com/teamstore for more information.
The Vancouver Canucks would like to thank presenting sponsor Sportsnet as well as Rogers, Scotiabank, SportChek, TSN 1040, Virgin Radio and 103.5 QMFM for helping make this an extraordinary playoff experience.