Vancouver, BC - The Vancouver Canucks announced details today of a special Lunar New Year game, presented by TD, on Monday, February 11th vs San Jose.
In celebration of the Lunar New Year, every player will wear a red Adidas jersey in the pre-game warm-up, bearing a commemorative "Year of the Pig" gold crest. Each player worn Lunar New Year jersey is available for purchase after warm-up at the Canucks Team Store in section 113 and at vanbase.ca.
A quintessential Night Market located in sections 101 to 103 will offer Canucks Lunar New Year themed merchandise, paper lantern making and calligraphy stations, alongside complimentary samples of Asian cuisine from Hon's Wonton House featuring: noodles, wontons, spring rolls and beef brisket.
Lunar New Year Fan Experiences:
- Pre-game traditional lion dance performance, North Plaza @ 6:15PM,
- Pre-game photo-op with Fin wearing his Lunar New Year jersey,
- Red envelope giveaway for first 10,000 fans, presented by TD,
- Lucky puck hunt,
- Complimentary Asian cuisine samples throughout concourse,
- Hockey-inspired wishing tree located in section 111,
- Themed photo booths throughout concourse.
Special guests from the BC Chinese Hockey Association will join the Vancouver Canucks to celebrate the Lunar New Year in an exciting evening of hockey, culture and tradition. Fans are encouraged to arrive early to enjoy the many pre-game festivities.
Video: Canucks Celebrate the Year of the Pig on Feb. 11th