- After besting the Chicago Blackhawks 3-1 on Wednesday night in the Windy City, the Canadiens practiced at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Thursday afternoon. They’ll close out their preseason schedule with a home-and-home series against the Ottawa Senators. Michel Therrien’s troops will travel to Ottawa for a tilt on Friday night, before battling Paul MacLean’s contingent again on Saturday night at the Bell Centre.
- The Canadiens reassigned five players to the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League on Thursday, including forwards Sven Andrighetto, Jake Dowell and Gabriel Dumont, and defensemen Davis Drewiske and Greg Pateryn. There are still 28 players at training camp (16 forwards, 9 defensemen, 3 goaltenders). The Bulldogs are currently holding training camp in St. John’s, Nfld.
- Lars Eller was absent from practice on Thursday. He was given a therapy day. For his part, training camp invitee Drayson Bowman did not take part in practice as he is currently in contract negotiations with the Canadiens.
- Carey Price was announced as the recipient of the Jean Beliveau Trophy for the 2013-14 campaign on Thursday. It is awarded annually to the Canadiens player who best exemplifies leadership qualities in the community.
- Head coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Peter Budaj will get the start in goal against Ottawa on Friday night.
Lines and D pairings at practice:
De La Rose-Thomas-Bourque