The return of hockey and the 2016-17 edition of Club 1909 are right around the corner! Here are the changes that were made to the program for the upcoming season.
• The minimum registration age has been reduced from 16 to 13 years old.
• The mobile portal has been updated to improve functionality and the user experience. A new portal is available on the Canadiens app. This new format will be developed for the Web portal, as well.
• The First Line membership is no longer a part of the program. Going forward, the benefits of this program, in particular the ability to triple the number of points received and to be invited to special events, will be offered "à la carte".
• You can triple your points for the 2016-17 season for $35.
• If you registered in the First Line last year, you will remain a Premium member for life.
3. Club 1909 Points
Several changes were made to the program in terms of how members can accumulate points. Please consult the complete list of ways to earn points here.
Social media codes
• A daily code will be posted on the following platforms: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• The #GoHabsGo challenge presented by Warrior will return for the regular season
• The Club 1909 radio and/or television codes will return for the regular season
In order to improve the user experience and encourage the legitimate collection of points, we have limited the number of points that can be accumulated on social media.
Here is the full list of ways that points can be earned on social media:
Facebook - Connect account in Club 1909 portal
• 10 points (one time)
Twitter - Connect account in Club 1909 portal
• 10 points (one time)
Twitter - Follow @canadiensmtl & player accounts
• 10 points / account (one time)
Twitter - Retweet
• 5 points (maximum 50 points / week)
Social Media codes
• 5 points / code
For those who may be concerned that there will be fewer points available to be earned as a result of the aforementioned changes, there is no need to worry, as there will be many games and challenges added that will offer members the opportunity to earn points.
The goal of the program is to reward you for being what you already are - the very best fans in the game! With that in mind, we revised how points would be awarded this upcoming season and we hope that you will be able to earn the rewards of your dreams.
Have a great 2016-17 season and stay tuned for more Club 1909 news by visiting the website!