MONTREAL – Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Senators preseason matchup on Thursday night at the Bell Centre.
– Number of additional NHL games in which Senators goalie Craig Anderson (318 GP) has played compared to the five skaters lining up in front of him at the opening faceoff (192 GP combined).117
– Number of hours fans will have to wait between the end of the last preseason game and the puck drop marking the start of the 2013-14 NHL regular season, at 7PM on October 1st. 606
– The difference in career NHL regular season points between Daniel Briere (659 PTS, tops for the Canadiens) and Zack Smith (53 PTS, first among the Senators in the lineup).95
– Percentage of Habs in the lineup tonight who have played at least one regular season game in 2012-13. Michael Bournival is the only player on the Canadiens’ bench without NHL regular season experience.144
– Number of days since Brian Gionta’s last NHL game, against the Senators during the first round of the 2012-13 playoffs. The Habs’ captain is participating in his first game since getting off-season surgery for a torn bicep tendon. 100
– Shooting percentage for Alex Galchenyuk after one period. The sniper converted on his only shot to tie the game at one. 94
– Carey Price’s save percentage during the first period (15 saves on 16 shots)18
– Number of shots for the Canadiens after 2 periods. Despite trailing the Senators by 7 shots on net, the Habs lead 2-1 thanks to a goal from Tomas Plekanec.
8 – Number of even-strength goals scored by the Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta line during the shortened 2012-13 season. The trio got to work quickly, with Gionta assisting on Plekanec’s go-ahead goal late in the second period.-canadiens.comSEE ALSOBoxscore: Senators @ Canadiens Game highlights: Senators @ CanadiensThe Reckoning Canadiens assign eight players to the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs
24 – Number of different Habs players to put their names on the scoresheet during the seven pre-season games. Gionta and Plekanec are the newest names on that list after combining for a second-period marker.