MONTREAL – Here’s a numerical look at the Habs' last game of the preseason, a 3-2 win over the Buffalo Sabres at the Bell Centre on Saturday night.
– Number of seconds of ice time rookie Tom Pyatt was able to enjoy in the game before being sidelined by a vicious hit from behind by Sabres forward Patrick Kaleta in the first period.
– Combined penalty minutes picked up on the ensuing play, with Ryan O’Byrne dropping the gloves with Kaleta in Pyatt’s defense. Kaleta picked up fighting and boarding majors, plus a 10-minute misconduct, while O’Byrne added an extra instigator penalty to his rap sheet during the melee. 2007
– Number of days since Jaroslav Spacek last faced off against the Sabres, with the Habs’ new blue-liner meeting up with his former team for the first time since signing in Montreal this summer.
– Seconds required by Brian Gionta
to make the Sabres pay for their poor math skills, scoring one second into Buffalo’s too many men penalty midway through the second period.
– Number of Canadiens players to have suited up for at least one preseason game over the past two weeks. Veteran defenseman Roman Hamrlik was the latest to add his name to that list after sitting out the first six games with the flu.
- Game-high number of shots blocked by Hal Gill, with the 6-foot-7 rearguard throwing his massive frame in the way of more shots than any player on the ice on Saturday night. Shauna Denis is a writer for canadiens.com.