MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at Thursday's preseason game between the Montreal Canadiens and the Colorado Avalanche.
131 – Number of days since Carey Price last suited up for a game on Bell Centre ice, dating back to a May 17 playoff game against the Rangers when he injured his knee following a collision with Chris Kreider. 16
8 – Number of saves made by Price on 10 shots against on Thurday night, playing the first half of the game against the Avs before Peter Budaj took his turn between the pipes.
17 – Number of multi-point nights enjoyed by P.K. Subban in the 2013-14 regular season and playoffs combined, getting back to his old habits against the Avalanche by picking up a goal and assist in his first preseason game of 2014-15.
– Number of Habs who enjoyed their first taste of preseason action in 2014-15 against the Avalanche, with only Nikita Scherbak, Christian Thomas, Greg Pateryn and Charles Hudon having played in both of the Canadiens’ first two exhibition games to date.7
– Number of shots fired by Max Pacioretty in the game to lead all Habs in that category, scoring his first of the preseason with a wicked wrister to open the scoring for Montreal in the second period.1
– Number of times the Canadiens have registered at least 30 shots in a game this preseason, hitting the mark against Colorado for the first time after a 28-shot night against Boston on Tuesday.6
– Team-high number of hits dished out by perennial hit leader Alexei Emelin in the outing. 0
– Number of goals allowed by Budaj in regulation, stopping all 17 Avs shots he faced.
Divide and conquer