MONTREAL – Here is a numerical look at at the Canadiens-Devils matchup on Monday night at the Bell Centre.
– Number of days that elapsed since the Canadiens last registered a preseason victory at the Bell Centre before besting the Devils on Monday night 3-2. Prior to the win over New Jersey, the Habs’ previous preseason victory on home ice came on September 27, 2010 in a 6-2 win over the Panthers.4
– Number of times the Gionta brothers went up against each other over the course of their careers. Unfortunately, the pair didn’t get the opportunity to square off once again on Monday night because Brian is still recovering from biceps surgery.103
– Number of additional fights Brandon Prust (105) has participated in over the course of his NHL career than Devils defenseman Alexander Urbom (2), his opponent during a first-period tussle on Monday night.13
– Number of times, including Monday night’s effort against the Devils, in which Max Pacioretty has scored at least two goals in a single game over the course of his career.6
– Number of points amassed by P.K. Subban thus far in three preseason games making him the Canadiens’ top scorer, one point ahead of Pacioretty and Michael Bournival.100
– The Canadiens’ win percentage against the Devils on Monday nights in Montreal. Historically, the Habs have won all four meetings with New Jersey under similar circumstances. 7
– Number of shots directed by Pacioretty at Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur, tops amongst players on both team on Monday night.
65 – Percentage of draws won by Tomas Plekanec during Monday night’s game. The Czech centerman won 11 of 17 faceoffs against the Devils.
20 - Number of Canadiens players who've registered at least one point during the preseason thus far, Ryan White being the latest Hab to get on the scoreboard with a goal on Monday night.
-canadiens.comSEE ALSOBoxscore: Devils @ Canadiens Game highlights: Devils @ Canadiens