MONTREAL -- Here's a numerical look at the first preseason game between the Habs and the Bruins at the Bell Centre on Wednesday night.
– Number of days fans had to wait to see the Habs in action following the last game of the postseason in Philadelphia last spring. 6
– Number of players making their debuts for the Canadiens on Wednesday night, including first round draft picks from the past two years, Louis Leblanc
and Jarred Tinordi
– Number of minutes Hal Gill took to put his specialty on display for the 21,273 fans in attendance, blocking his first shots of the year. 30:01
– Time it took for Andrew Conboy
to drop the gloves for the first time in 2010-11, squaring off against Adam McQuaid midway through the second period. 3
– Career shorthanded goals scored by Maxim Lapierre in the regular season, who made the most of his time on the PK on Wednesday night by opening the scoring for the Habs in the second frame. 22
– Power play seconds needed by Tomas Plekanec
to roof a nifty Michael Cammalleri pass past Tuukka Rask with the man advantage to close out the second period. 3
– Number of times Josh Gorges
has posted a multi-point night in his career, including the first game of the regular season in 2009-10. The 26-year-old blue-liner chipped in with assists on both Canadiens goals.6
– Number of shots fired on Curtis Sanford and kicked aside during his 30 minutes in the crease on Wednesday night. canadiens.com.
SEE ALSOGame recap