MONTREAL – Here’s a numerical look at the preseason match-up between the Canadiens and the Sabres at the Bell Centre on Wednesday night.
– Number of players on the Habs Wednesday night roster making their Bell Centre debuts, with Nathan Beaulieu
, Alexander Avstin, Hunter Bishop
, Philip DeSimone, Brendan Gallagher
and Peter Budaj
all playing in their first preseason game for the Canadiens.
– Number of days that have elapsed since the last game Josh Gorges
played for the Canadiens, returning to action with the Habs tonight for the first time since sustaining a knee injury on Dec. 26, 2010.197
– Number of days that have elapsed since the last game Max Pacioretty
played for the Canadiens, returning to action with the Habs tonight for the first time since sustaining a concussion and broken vertebrae on Mar. 8, 2011.21
– Including Wednesday night’s matchup, the all-time number of preseason games that have been played between the Canadiens and the Sabres. The Habs hold the preseason upper-hand, posting a record of 11-7-3.0
– Number of shots allowed by the Montreal penalty-killing unit while the team killed off its first 2 minute infraction of the game.
– Amount of time it took in Wednesday night’s game for the Bell Centre crowd to start a “P.K! P.K!” chant.6:11
– Amount of time needed by P.K. Subban
follwing the crowd chanting his name to score the Habs’ first goal of the game, tying things up with Buffalo at one apiece.6
– Team-leading number of shots taken by Max Pacioretty
in his first game back in action. He would also go on to share the team-lead for hits with prospect Brendan Gallagher
--canadiens.com. SEE ALSO:BoxscoreRecovered and ready First time's a charm Safety first