Here’s a numerical look at the preseason match-up between the Canadiens and the Senators at the Bell Centre on Friday night.
– Number of times tough guy Eric Neilson dropped the gloves against the Sens on Friday night, with the Habs tough guy having thrown down with Jeremy Yablonski, Chris Neil and Cody Bass.
– Number of Habs who donned the Habs jersey for the first time against Ottawa, including Neilson, Paul Mara, Hal Gill, Andrew Conboy
, Tom Pyatt, Brian Gionta
and Travis Moen
– Game-high number of shots fired by Gionta on Friday night. 2
– Consecutive nights in which newcomer Curtis Sanford has protected the Canadiens' net, with the former Canucks' goalie making 10 saves on 10 shots in the evening.
– Ice-time logged by Paul Mara to lead all Canadiens players on the night.
– Days since Jacques Martin last coached against the Senators, with his Panthers having dropped a 5-4 decision to his longtime team back on February 7, 2008.100
– Percentage of games in which Ben Maxwell has lit the lamp while wearing No. 61, with the former No. 80 finding the back of the net during his first game in his new digits against the Sens. Manny Almela is a writer for canadiens.com.