MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Sabres matchup on Sunday night at the Bell Centre.
– Number of days that elapsed between the Canadiens' last preseason game on October 1, 2011 – a 5-1 victory over the Lightning in Quebec City - and Sunday night's preseason matchup against the Sabres.5
– Number of consecutive years in which the Canadiens and Sabres have met during the preseason, excluding the 2012-13 campaign when no preseason games were contested.4
– Number of 2013 draft picks that suited up for the Canadiens on Sunday night against the Sabres, including Michael McCarron, Zachary Fucale, Sven Andrighetto and Martin Reway. 15
– Number of consecutive seasons in which the Canadiens went up against a Sabres squad helmed by Lindy Ruff before the veteran bench boss was fired on February 20, 2013 and replaced by current head coach Ron Rolston.4:58
– Time that elapsed in the first period of Sunday night’s tilt before the Sabres registered their first shot on goal on Canadiens goaltender Peter Budaj. The Habs had already amassed four shots on Sabres netminder Jhonas Enroth during that span.15:18
– Time that elapsed in Sunday night's game before McCarron capped a standout effort by finding Michael Bournival in the slot with a perfect backhand pass that led to the Shawinigan, QC native's goal to put the Canadiens up 1-0 late in the first period.3
– Number of times that Jarred Tinordi has dropped the gloves in the NHL, including one time during the 2012-13 playoffs and one time during a preseason tilt in 2011-12. The imposing 6-foot-6 defenseman didn’t hesitate to showcase his physicality during the preseason opener on Sunday night, going toe-to-toe with Cody McCormick.100
– Shooting percentage registered by Bournival on his first two shots on goal on Sunday night, tallying twice before the midway point of the game.49
– Total number of NHL games played by Canadiens players amassing at least one point on Sunday night. Greg Pateryn, Martin St-Pierre and Tinordi are the only ones who’ve logged minutes in the league, while McCarron, Bournival and Erik Nystrom haven’t yet played an official game.6
- Number of points amassed by the line of McCarron, St-Pierre and Bournival on Sunday night against the Sabres.
Game Highlights: Canadiens-Sabres