HALIFAX – Here’s a numerical look at the preseason match-up between the Habs and Bruins in Halifax this Sunday night.
– Time needed by Scott Gomez
to net his second goal in as many preseason games played, adding to his two-point-performance from Friday night’s tilt against the Sens.3
– Number of times since 2007 that the Canadiens have faced the Boston Bruins in Halifax for a preseason match-up.
– Number of Canadiens players who have taken part in at least one preseason game in 2011-12. Defenseman Morgan Ellis
became the latest prospect to join the group, lacing up for the Habs on Sunday night.
– Number of games in which newcomer Erik Cole
has been held off the scoresheet since putting on a Habs jersey, collecting at least one point in each of his three preseason games played.3
– Number of times since the beginning of the preseason that a Canadiens skater has invited an opponent to drop the gloves, with Alex Henry
becoming the third after trading blows with the Bruins’ Shawn Thornton in the first period.2
– Number of Canadiens who have played a team-high four preseason games as of Sunday night, with Aaron Palushaj
and Andreas Engqvist
lacing up more than any other Hab so far in 2011-12.4
– Number of goals scored by the Bruins special-team units, with two coming on the powerplay and the other two, shorthanded.
– Team-high mumber of points amassed by Cole and Palushaj since the beginning of training camp.-canadiens.comALSO SEE:Post-Game show: Alex HenryGame highlightsBoxscore
Work hard, play harder