OTTAWA – Here’s a numerical look at the preseason match-up between the Habs and Sens in the nation's capital on Friday night.
– Number of Habs on the ice on Friday night who were also in the lineup the last time the Canadiens faced the Senators, on April 7, 2011. 3
– Number of Senators alumni who were behind the bench for the Habs on Friday, with longtime Sens captain Randy Cunneyworth joining former Ottawa coaches Jacques Martin and Perry Pearn on the Canadiens coaching staff. 6:20
– Time needed by Habs fans invading Scotiabank Place to start the first “Olé” chant of the night. 2,594
– Combined number of NHL regular season games played by the Senators’ starting lineup, led by Daniel Alfredsson and his 1,056 career games played. 621
– Combined number of NHL regular season games played by the Canadiens’ starting lineup, including Alexander Avtsin
and Gabriel Dumont
, both of whom have yet to play a regular season game in the majors. 203
– Number of days since Max Pacioretty
’s most recent NHL goal, dating back to March 5, 2011 when he notched a pair of goals against the Tampa Bay Lightning, before finding the back of the net twice against the Sens on Friday night.3
– Number of two-goal nights enjoyed by Pacioretty so far in his NHL career, unofficially adding a fourth to that total on Friday night.
2 – Number of points racked up by Habs netminders so far this preseason, with both Carey Price and now Nathan Lawson chipping in with one assist each.1
– Number of times Jarred Tinordi
has dropped the gloves at the pro level, squaring off against Zack Smith for his first career NHL fight. -canadiens.com.
SEE ALSO:BoxscoreFirst impressions Recovered and ready