MONTREAL – Here's a numerical look at Saturday night's game between the Canadiens and the Maple Leafs.
– The number first period minutes that have elapsed without the Canadiens surrendering any goals, as the Habs have now gone nine straight games without allowing a first period goal this season.52
– Number of years that have passed since Dr. David Mulder first joined the Canadiens, the thoracic surgeon was honored before tonight’s game, in celebration of news that the Montreal General trauma centre was recently named in his honor.20
– Number of shots off the stick of P.K. Subban prior to his first goal of the 2015-2016 season, as the Toronto native scored a power play goal on Saturday night with a slap shot hard enough to beat any goaltender.104
– Number of power play points collected by P.K. Subban. The prolific defender scored his first goal of the season beating Jonathan Bernier with a heavy slapshot from the point on the man advantage to open the scoring Saturday night at the Bell Centre.5
- Number of times during Tomas Plekanec’s career in which he went at least five games with one point or more. The Czech centre earned a point Saturday night, extending his point streak to five games, his longest streak since the 2008-2009 season, when he collected points in nine straight games.16
– Number of times the Canadiens will play back-to-back games in 2015-2016, with Michel Therrien’s squad having already won all four games in the first two back-to-back contests this season.13
– Number of points scored by Lars Eller against the Maple Leafs, his highest total against any team in the NHL, as Eller collected a rebound off a strong move by Alex Galchenyuk to beat Jonathan Bernier.3
- Number of times in his career that Carey Price has earned seven wins in a row, matching the feat in 2007-2008, 2013-2014 and now in 2015-2016, when he registered his seventh win in a row Saturday night against the Maple Leafs.
– Number of teams in the NHL against which Max Pacioretty has a ratio of at least one point per game, including the Hurricanes, Avalanche, Wild, Blue Jackets, Canucks and now the Maple Leafs, against whom he has registered 24 points in 23 games after collecting a goal and adding an assist on the first goal of the game.- canadiens.comSEE ALSO
Game Highlights: Canadiens vs Maple LeafsPlaying with pride Brick by brick