MONTREAL- Here's a numerical look at the Habs-Ducks game at the Bell Centre on Thursday night.
4,216 – Number of days that have elapsed since Apr. 9, 2002, the day that Saku Koivu, then a member of the Canadiens, made his triumphant return to action after battling cancer. The Finnish centerman received an ovation from the Bell Centre faithful that lasted an astounding nine minutes.4
9 – Number of players in the Canadiens’ lineup on Thursday night who were present when the Canadiens and Ducks last met at the Bell Centre on Jan. 22, 2011, including goaltender Carey Price.
– Number of consecutive games in which Michael Bournival has registered at least one point for the Canadiens after the Shawinigan, QC native scored his second goal of the season to put the Canadiens up 1-0 in the first period on Thursday night.18
– Number of Canadiens players, who up until now, have registered at least one point during the
2013-14 campaign with Nathan Beaulieu adding himself to that list by directing a shot in Jonas Hiller’s direction that was tipped home by Bournival for the first goal of the night.7
– Number of career NHL games it took Michael Bournival to register the first multi-point game of his career after the 21-year-old tallied a goal and added an assist in Thursday night’s tilt against Anaheim. Bournival scored his first NHL goal exactly seven days ago in a win over the Blue Jackets in Montreal.8
– Number of goaltenders who’ve worn the No. 1 during the 2013-14 NHL campaign, including Jonas Hiller of the Ducks. That won’t happen with Canadiens netminders as Jacques Plante’s No. 1 is hanging from the Bell Centre rafters after being retired on Oct. 7, 1995.88.9
– Percentage of points recorded by Tomas Plekanec thus far this season on home ice. The Czech centerman has picked up eight of his nine points on the year at the Bell Centre. He most notably recorded his fifth goal of the year in the latter stages of the opening frame on Thursday night.87
– Number of multi-point games Tomas Plekanec has recorded thus far in his NHL career. The veteran pivot scored a goal and added two assists in Thursday night’s tilt.2
– Number of teams against whom Carey Price has yet to register a victory in his career after adding the Anaheim Ducks to the list of teams he’s bested on Thursday night. The Anahim Lake, BC native is still looking for wins over Nashville and Colorado to complete the NHL sweep.
SEE ALSO:Boxscore: Ducks-Canadiens Game HighlightsThe Montreal Canadiens offer support to those living with cancerReturn engagement