MONTREAL- Here's a numerical look at the Habs-Oilers game at the Bell Centre on Tuesday night.
– Number of players seeing action for their first NHL games of the season on Tuesday night, with Mike Blunden and Patrick Holland both in the Habs’ lineup for the first time this year while Ben Eager and Tyler Pitlick made their 2013-14 Oilers debuts on the visiting bench.
734 – Number of players who have suited up for the Canadiens in the team’s history, with Holland becoming the latest to add his name to the list after hitting the ice for his first career NHL game. 3,596
– Number of days since a Habs player last wore No.82 in a game prior to Holland snapping that streak on Tuesday, dating back to Donald Audette’s final game with the Canadiens, on Dec. 18, 2003. 6
– Number of power play seconds needed by Tomas Plekanec to fill the back of the Oilers net in the first period, sliding his fourth goal of the year past Devan Dubynk just seconds after Luke Gazdic had settled into his seat in the box. 5
– Number of times the Canadiens have gotten on the board first this season, with Plekanec keeping the trend alive with his power play marker in the first.5
– Number of goals scored by Brendan Gallagher through nine games in his sophomore campaign, picking off an errant Oilers pass and wiring his fifth of the year past Dubnyk to give the Habs a 2-0 lead.
– Number of shots blocked by veteran blue-liner Andrei Markov in the game, bringing his season total to 18, second behind only Josh Gorges
– Percentage of faceoffs won by Lars Eller on the night, winning
12 of his
total draws against Edmonton. 83
– Percentage of faceoffs won by Ryan White on the night, winning an equally impressive 10 of his 12 draws to give the Habs a 66% faceoff efficiency against Edmonton.
– Consecutive number of games in which Michael Bournival has registered at least one point, picking up an assist to bring his total to one goal and two assists in the past three games.
SEE ALSO:Game RecapBoxscore: Oilers-Canadiens Game Highlights