WINNIPEG - Here's a numerical look at the Habs-Jets game at the MTS Centre on Tuesday night.
– Number of games played by Brian Gionta in his NHL career, hitting the milestone against the Jets on Tuesday night.500
– Number of games played by Josh Gorges in his NHL career, 10 times the NHL experience enjoyed by his current tenant/roommate, Brendan Gallagher, who suited up for just the 50th
game of his career on Tuesday in Winnipeg.
– Number of goals racked up by the Habs in the team’s first six games of the 2012-13 season, surpassing last season’s mark by picking up
20 in that same span to kick off the current campaign. 7
– Number of points amassed by P.K. Subban during the team’s Western Canadian road swing, blasting his second goal of the campaign past a helpless Ondrej Pavelec in the first period. 8
– Number of points accrued by Subban so far this season, currently leading all NHL defensemen in that category for a second-straight season.
– Amount of time needed by the Jets to fire their first shot in Carey Price’s direction, getting blanked on their first power play of the evening before Zach Bogosian finally fired a slap shot on net from just outside the blue line before the first TV timeout.
– Number of teams Brandon Prust has yet to score against in his NHL career, knocking the Jets off that list by getting the Habs on the board early on in the first period.
– Number of shots blocked by Michel Therrien’s troops on Tuesday, the most they’ve blocked in any game so far this season.
– Number of Habs forwards boasting a faceoff efficiency in Tuesday’s game, with Daniel Briere (71), Tomas Plekanec (67), David Desharnais (56), and Lars Eller (59) all dominating their draws against their Jets. 20
– Number of shutouts registered by Price so far in his career, blanking the Jets 3-0 by turning aside all 36 shots he faced on Tuesday night. 0
– Number of times Michel Therrien has lost to the Jets v2.0, going a perfect 3-0 against Winnipeg since they returned to the league. -canadiens.comSEE ALSOBoxscore: Canadiens @ Jets
Game highlights: Canadiens @ Jets
From good to great P.K. Subban: Right on Target