EDMONTON - Here's a numerical look at the Habs-Oilers game at Rexall Place, on Thursday night.
– Number of days since Nail Yakupov and Alex Galchenyuk were drafted first and third overall, respectively, at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, on June 22, in Pittsburgh. On Thursday night, the two former Sarnia Sting teammates faced off against each other for the first time since breaking into the league together as teenagers last year. 15
– Number of teams Brendan Gallagher has faced off against in his NHL career to date, finally getting a chance to add his hometown Oilers to that list on Thursday night. 2
– Number of shots registered by the Oilers in the first five minutes of Thursday’s game, which included four minutes of power play time. Despite being short-handed, the Habs still managed to muster three shots in that span. 5
– Number of goals scored by Gallagher in his last six regular season games, finding the back of the net for the third time in four games this season with a power play marker in the second period on Thursday night. 26
– Number of multi-point games enjoyed by P.K. Subban so far in his career, registering his second two-point effort in as many nights with two assists against the Oilers one day after picking up a goal and an assist against the Flames.
– Percentage of faceoffs won by David Desharnais against the Oilers, coming out on the winning end of 11 of his 19 draws on the night. 2
– Number of Habs players who recorded their first points of the 2013-14 campaign against Edmonton, with Travis Moen getting on the scoresheet with an assist on Brandon Prust’s first goal of the year in the second period. 15
– Number of wins racked up by Peter Budaj in his career against the Oilers, now owning a 15-6-0-3 record against Edmonton, his best against any NHL team. -canadiens.comSEE ALSOBoxscore: Canadiens @ Oilers
Game highlights: Canadiens @ OilersOn the Road - Edmonton