MONTREAL – Here's a numerical look at the Habs' 2-1 shootout win over the Thrashers at the Bell Centre on Tuesday night.
– Players to have ever worn a Canadiens jersey for at least one game over the Habs' 100-year history dating back to 1909 following Marc-Andre Bergeron's Montreal debut on Tuesday.4
– Players to have ever worn the No. 47 for the Canadiens, with Bergeron now sporting the same digits as former Habs Stephan Lebeau, Juha Lind and Aaron Downey in Montreal.
– Consecutive clashes with the Thrashers in which the Habs have managed to collect at least one point dating back to November 22, 2005, with the Canadiens posting a 6-0-2 mark against Atlanta over that span. 3
– Number of times the Canadiens were foiled by the post in the contest, including Roman Hamrlik’s backhander off the crossbar in the dying seconds of overtime. 3
– Number of Habs' wins coming after regulation time so far this season, including back-to-back OT wins against Toronto and Buffalo to start the campaign followed by Tuesday night’s shootout nail biter over Atlanta.
– Game-high shots on goal fired by Canadiens' sniper Brian Gionta
, including a first period bullet past Thrashers goalie Ondrej Pavelec for the Habs’ lone goal in regulation.
– Number of times the Habs have needed a shootout to decide a winner so far in 2009-10. Including Tuesday’s match-up, the Canadiens now own a 0.500 record in shootouts since the tie-breaking format was introduced in 2005-06. Shauna Denis is a writer for canadiens.com.
See also:Scotty too hottie The Voice of the FansThe Streak is On!What's your Top-10 week 2BoxscoreGame recap