Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens' season-opening matchup with the Sabres on Friday night at HSBC Arena.
- Seconds into his Canadiens career needed by Robert Lang to score his first goal as a Hab, with the veteran centerman opening the scoring at the 2:58 mark of the first period.60
- Faceoff-winning pecentage registered by captain Saku Koivu to lead all Montreal pivots. 36
- Shifts played by blue line workhorse Andrei Markov
on the night, five more than next-closest teammate and defensive partner Mike Komisarek. 4
- Hits thrown by Sergei Kostitsyn to lead all Habs, one-fifth of the 20 total checks dished out by the Canadiens in Buffalo. 6
- Game-high shots blocked by Roman Hamrlik, who also did damage in the offensive end with seven shots on goal to lead all Habs. Manny Almela is a writer for canadiens.comRead also:Habs grab point in season opener