WASHINGTON - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Capitals game at the Verizon Center on Friday night.
– Number of consecutive Fridays in which Peter Budaj has tended goal for the Canadiens, including Friday afternoon’s tilt against the Capitals at the Verizon Center. Budaj was between the pipes when the Habs last visited the District of Columbia one week ago today, helping the Canadiens pick up a 3-2 victory.2
– Number of goals Daniel Briere has scored in as many games against the Washington Capitals thus far during the 2013-14 campaign, including the first-period marker he tallied on Friday afternoon to put the Canadiens ahead 1-0. The Gatineau, QC native also scored the game-winning goal against the Caps last week in the American capital.5
– Number of consecutive games in which the Canadiens have opened the scoring against their opponents, including Friday’s contest in Washington. Briere kept that streak alive with his fifth goal of the year at the 15:20 mark of the opening frame.413
– Number of career points Tomas Plekanec has amassed in a Canadiens uniform, with his first-period assist on Briere’s goal and his second-period marker moving him into sole possession of the 33rd
spot on the Canadiens’ all-time points list.5
– Number of points the line of Briere, Plekanec and Brian Gionta combined to generate on Friday against the Capitals. The trio registered two goals and three assists in the tilt.1
– Number of times that the Canadiens have not tallied a power play goal in a road game during the 2013-14 campaign. The Habs had scored a goal with the man advantage in 11 straight away games prior to Friday’s game in Washington.17
– Number of goals the Canadiens have tallied during their five last games, including Wednesday night’s loss to the Capitals. Michel Therrien’s troops scored 16 total goals in the nine previous games ahead.7
– Number of times Alex Ovechkin has been held pointless in 24 games thus far this season, including during Friday’s tilt against the Canadiens.
SEE ALSO: Game Highlights - Canadiens @ CapitalsGame preview: MTL @ WSH Turn of fortune Number Cruncher: Andrei Markov’s remarkable precision