BOSTON - Here's a numerical look at Saturday's game between the Canadiens and Bruins in Boston.
– Number of games played by Bryan Allen in his NHL career since making his debut in 2000-01, playing his first as a Hab on Saturday night after being traded to Montreal on Thursday from Anaheim. 49
– Rank occupied by Michel Therrien on the NHL’s all-time games coached list, having been behind the bench on Saturday for the 614th time in his career. 4
– Number of defensemen in Habs history to score 100 goals with the Canadiens, with Andrei Markov joining the Big Three – Larry Robinson, Guy Lapointe and Serge Savard – in the Century Club following his first period power play marker. 2
– Number of Habs defensemen in the lineup on Saturday night under 30 years of age, with 25-year-old assistant captain P.K. Subban and 28-year-old spring chicken Alexei Emelin joining grizzled vets Sergei Gonchar (40), Mike Weaver (36), Markov (35), Allen (34), and Tom Gilbert (31) on the blue line against Boston. 9
– Number of assists racked up by Alex Galchenyuk so far this season, currently tied for the team lead with David Desharnais in that category after helping set the table for Tomas Plekanec’s second period goal.
184 – Number of goals scored by Plekanec in his NHL career, now tied with Vincent Damphousse for 28th on the Canadiens’ all-time leading goal scorers list following his eighth of the campaign.
2 – Number of Habs enjoying multi-point nights in front of their mothers at TD Garden, with Plekanec getting a goal and an assist and Brendan Gallagher chipping in with a pair of helpers under the watchful eye of his mom, Della, during the first leg of the Mother & Son trip.
8 – Number of points racked up by Plekanec in his last eight games, including three goals and five assists.
8 – Number of times the Canadiens have been the first team on the board in a game this season, now going a perfect 8-for-8 in those circumstances following Saturday’s win.
1 – Number of times Alex Galchenyuk has dropped the gloves at the NHL level, earning his first fighting major in pro hockey with a tilt against Torey Krug.
All-Star Voting Open
Game Preview : Canadiens @ Bruins
Let it grow
Guests of honor
Back on track