COLUMBUS - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Blue Jackets game in Columbus on Friday night.5
– Number of times the Canadiens have faced off against Columbus at Nationwide Arena since the Blue Jackets joined the NHL in 2000-01.
– Number of days since Peter Budaj last started a game against the Blue Jackets, dating back to February 11, 2011, when the Habs netminder was still a member of the Colorado Avalanche. 11
– Number of games Brandon Prust was forced to watch from the pressbox, returning to action on Friday night after missing the past three weeks with a shoulder injury. 9
– Number of players who have suited up for all 20 of the Canadiens’ games so far this season, dipping into single digits with Brendan Gallagher out with the flu. 11
– Number of teams Alex Galchenyuk has scored against so far in his young NHL career, crossing the Blue Jackets off his list with a great individual effort in the first period.
– Number of points accumulated by Daniel Briere so far in 15 career NHL games against Columbus after picking up an assist on Lars Eller’s second period power play marker.
– Percentage of NHL teams Eller has scored against in his career, knocking No.20 off his list on Friday night in Columbus with his seventh goal of the season.
– Number of goals scored by Eller through 20 games this season, one less than the 24-year-old pivot had in 46 games in 2012-13. 70
– Percentage of games in which the Canadiens have found the back of the net on the power play this year, potting at least one with the man advantage in 14 of the team’s 20 games to date, including Eller’s power play marker in Columbus. - canadiens.com
Game Highlights: Canadiens-Blue Jackets
Game preview: Canadiens @ Blue Jackets
Upping the tempo
On The Road - Columbus - November 15, 2013