MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at Tuesday's game between the Canadiens and the Jets.
300 – Number of games played by P.K. Subban so far in his NHL career, celebrating the milestone moment against the Jets on Tuesday night. 6
1 – Number of games played by Drayson Bowman in a Canadiens uniform to date, suiting up for his Habs debut on Tuesday in his 177th career NHL game.
4 – Number of minutes Evander Kane spent in the box in the first period alone, just 1:38 less than he spent on the ice after getting called for holding the stick and high sticking in the opening frame.
– Number of points racked up by Lars Eller and Jiri Sekac in the last two games, having picked up four on Saturday against the Wild before Eller completed a great net drive by his Czech linemate to open the scoring on Tuesday night. 70
– Percentage of faceoffs won by Manny Malhotra on the night, padding his NHL-leading faceoff efficiency after winning 16 of his 23 draws against the Jets.3
– Consecutive number of games in which the Canadiens have scored first, after having failing to do so in all but one of the first 13 games of the season. 3
– Number of times Tomas Plekanec has fired five or more shots in a game in 2014-15, leading the team with six shots - including one goal - on Tuesday against Winnipeg. 5
– Number of goals scored by Alex Galchenyuk in 2014-15 following his third period marker on Tuesday night, now tied for second on the team – one behind Max Pacioretty – in that category.2
– Number of shorthanded goals scored by Plekanec, now tied for second in the NHL in that category.
One accomplished soldier
Canadiens acquire Sergei Gonchar in return for Travis Moen
Game Preview: Jets @ Canadiens
The Montreal Canadiens – evenko Blood Drive