MONTREAL - Here's a look at the match-up between the Canadiens and the Penguins in Pittsburgh on Tuesday night.
– Numbers that have still yet to be worn by a member of the Canadiens since 1909, with David Desharnais
scooping up first dibs on No. 58 in his NHL debut against the Pens. 3
– Number of times Carey Price
has started in seven consecutive games over the course of his career, playing his seventh in a row against the Penguins on Tuesday night. 8
– Number of Habs regulars who were out of the lineup on Tuesday, with Andrei Kostitsyn, Andrei Markov
, Brian Gionta
, Scott Gomez
, Jaroslav Spacek, Hal Gill, Matt D’Agostini and Georges Laraque all sidelined by either injuries or suspensions.
– Number of players who have suited up for their first-ever game in a Canadiens uniform this season in just 25 games so far.
– Number of times Sergei Kostitsyn has recorded at least one point in each game when he plays on back-to-back nights, assisting on Max Pacioretty
’s third period marker in Pittsburgh.
– Number of points amassed by Max Pacioretty
in his last five games, after racking up just two points in the opening 19 games of the campaign. Shauna Denis is a writer for canadiens.com.
Bulldogs report - Nov. 25, 2009 Habs call up David Desharnais 100 years, decade by decade - 1920-1929 A fresh start for Pouliot