MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at the Habs' 3-2 shootout win over the Hurricanes at the Bell Centre on Tuesday night.
– Number of days since Tom Kostopoulos last faced off against the Canadiens, a 3-2 Habs win over T.K. and the Los Angeles Kings. 200
– Number of games played by Maxim Lapierre in his NHL career – all in a Habs jersey – since being drafted by the Canadiens in 2003. 1
– Number of shots needed for the Canadiens to score their first goal of the night, with Max Pacioretty
solving ‘Canes goalie Michael Leighton early in the first period. 6
– Number of shots turned away by Carey Price
in the first period on Tuesday night, less than one-third of the 24 pucks thrown his way in the opening stanza in Nashville last Saturday.
– Number of Habs assistant captains not in uniform on Tuesday night, including Andrei Markov
, Hal Gill and Brian Gionta
. Filling in for the injured “A’s” were Michael Cammalleri, Roman Hamrlik and Scott Gomez
– Time required for Jaroslav Spacek to fire four shots on goal in the second period, shooting the last puck sent Leighton’s way before he was pulled in favor of Manny Legace midway through the game. 9
– Number of Canadiens players to launch at least two shots on Tuesday night, paced by Cammalleri’s team-high six shots on goal.
– Average number of shifts per game by Roman Hamrlik, good enough for fifth-overall in the league in that category.
– Multi-point games registered by Tomas Plekanec
so far in 2009-10, thanks to the Czech pivot’s set up of each of his team’s goals on the night, increasing his team-high point total to 19 on the season.
– Number of games won in either overtime or a shootout by the Canadiens in as many opportunities so far this year, with the Habs coming out on the winning end of every sudden-death situation they've faced to date. Shauna Denis is a writer for canadiens.com.
See also:Game recapBoxscoreThe Voice of the FansThe Streak is On!What's your Top-10 week 6