MONTREAL -- Here’s a numerical look at Game 3 between the Canadiens and Penguins at the Bell Centre on Tuesday night.
– Number of playoff games so far in the 2010 postseason in which fans had to wait until either the third period or overtime to see the first goal of the game. The Sharks-Avalanche game on April 18 was the first such outing this spring, with Colorado notching the game’s only goal 51 seconds into overtime. 3
– Shots registered by the Penguins in the opening frame, their lowest total of any of their previous 28 periods in this year’s playoffs.50
– Percentage of the Canadens’ shots in the first and second period coming off the stick of Brian Gionta
, with the speedy winger accounting for five of his team’s 10 shots in the first two frames. 8
– Consecutive number of games in which Sidney Crosby has gone goalless at the Bell Centre, dating back to his rookie year in his first appearance in Montreal on January 3, 2006.4
– Team-high number of hits thrown by both Andei Kostitsyn and Roman Hamrlik in the outing.4
– Number of shots blocked by Hal Gill in Game 3, bringing his 2010 playoff total to a league-leading 41 so far in the postseason.See also:So close Playoff CentralBoxscore