PHILADELPHIA -- Here's a numerical look at Game 5 between the Habs and the Flyers at the Wachovia Center on Monday night.
– Number of too many men penalties called so far in the postseason, with both the Flyers and Habs getting nabbed with an extra player on the ice in Game 5. On average this postseason, there have been 0.43 too many men calls per game, double the regular season total of 248 calls in 1230 outings. 9
– Number of defensemen in Canadiens history to record at least nine assists in a postseason run, with Roman Hamrlik becoming the latest Habs blue-liner to do so since Eric Desjardins in 1993.5
– Number of hits thrown by Maxim Lapierre in Game 5, bringing his team-leading total to 49.404
– Number of shots blocked by the Canadiens in 19 postseason games, leading the league in puck-sized bruises this spring. 2
– Number of times in the past three seasons in which the Flyers have ended the Canadiens’ season in five games. 1
– Number of times in the third round series between the Habs and Flyers in which the team that scored first didn’t walk away with the win. 6
– Number of times in as many seasons prior to 2009-10 in which the Canadiens were eliminated on home ice. This year’s road elimination was the team’s first away from the Bell Centre since the Habs lost in New Jersey to the Devils in 1997.See also:History was made Jacques Martin commentsHal Gill commentsMichael Cammalleri commentsBrian Gionta commentsScott Gomez commentsGame summaryPlayoff central