MONTREAL – Here’s a numerical look at the Habs-Lightning match-up at the Bell Centre on Tuesday night.
– Number of days since the Habs last set foot in front of the Bell Centre faithful, coming off a 17 day break during the Olympics before heading out on a four game road trip last week.
– Number of games played by Glen Metropolit throughout his nine-year career to date, ringing in the milestone by notching a goal, an assist and winning 73% of his draws on the night. 9
– Number of power play goals scored by Metropolit so far this season, one more than he has scored in his previous seven NHL seasons combined.5
– Number of goals scored by former Lightning forward Mathieu Darche
since his arrival in Montreal, including a pair against his old teammates. 3
– Number of NHL goalies currently sporting No. 41 across the league, with two of those netminders facing each other on the same ice on Tuesday when Smith relieved Antero Niittymaki in the second period. The NHL’s other No. 41 is Colorado’s Craig Anderson.1:01
– Time needed by the Canadiens to make the Lightning pay for their poor arithmetic less than two minutes into the game, scoring the opening marker with Todd Fedoruk off serving a too many men penalty for the Bolts.7
– Number of NHL teams against whom Scott Gomez
has scored at least 10 goals during his career, adding the Lighting to that growing list with his first period tally. 2
– Number of Slovakian goalies who have registered 20 wins in a single season, including Peter Budaj
and Jaroslav Halak following his 5-3 victory over the Lightning in his 33rd game of 2009-10. See alsoGo time for Gomez
Habs keep rollingStandings Stars of the gameHabs notebook