MONTREAL – Here's a numerical look at Monday's game between the Habs and the Lightning.3
– Number of players who have scored more goals than Max Pacioretty this season, with No. 37 coming on a shorthanded opportunity in the second period to give the Habs’ sniper sole possession of fourth place on the league’s leaderboard.
– Number of shorthanded goals scored by Pacioretty in his career, getting his third of the season on Monday with a laser that beat Ben Bishop with Dale Weise in the box. 10
– Number of teams against whom Tomas Plekanec has racked up 25 or more points in his NHL career, picking up his 25th
against the Lightning with an assist on Pacioretty’s opening goal. 201
– Consecutive number of games P.K. Subban has been in action for Montreal, a team Iron Man streak that dates back to January 30, 2013. 10
– Number of shorthanded assists accrued by Andrei Markov in his career – including one on Pacioretty’s shorty – to add to the 207 helpers he’s contributed with the man advantage over the years.
– Number of players who have scored for the Canadiens this season, a list that now includes Jeff Petry after the trade deadline acquisition got his first as a Hab with a great wrist shot 23 seconds into the third period. 14
– Number of hits dished out by Greg Pateryn in his last three games, looking more and more comfortable – while making his opponents less so – with each passing game.
Andrei Markov is the Montreal Canadiens candidate for the Bill Masterton Trophy in 2014-15
The road to the Memorial Cup