PITTSBURGH - Here's a numerical look at the Habs-Penguins match-up on Tuesday night at the Consol Energy Center.
– Number of times Michel Therrien has been behind the bench at the Consol Energy Center, having coached the Pens exclusively at Mellon Arena during his entire four-year stint in Pittsburgh. 277
– Number of days since Alex Galchenyuk heard his name announced by Canadiens director of amateur scouting Trevor Timmons at the Consol Energy Center as the third-overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft last June. 3
– Number of players currently in the Canadiens lineup now enjoying their second stint with the Habs, with Jeff Halpern joining fellow retreads Francis Bouillon and Michael Ryder in that category after being claimed off waivers from the Rangers on Saturday. 2
– Number of players making their debuts with their respective teams after being acquired this week, with Halpern and Penguins winger Brenden Morrow both donning their new jerseys for the first time on Tuesday night.
– Number of times Gabriel Dumont has dropped the gloves this season, including five fights in the AHL and his first-ever NHL fight, against Tyler Kennedy, in the first period on Tuesday night.61
– Percentage of draws won by Halpern in the outing, putting his faceoff prowess on display in his first game as a Hab by winning
11 of his 18 draws on the night. 100
– Percentage of Penguins power plays snuffed out by the Habs penalty kill unit on Tuesday night, stymieing both opportunities by the league’s second-ranked PP.
– Number of days since the Penguins last suffered a loss on home ice prior to Tuesday’s game, dating back to a 6-5 defeat at the hands of the Philadelphia Flyers on Feb. 20. -canadiens.com
Game Highlights: Canadiens-PenguinsBoxscore: Canadiens-PenguinsMeasuring stick Wealth of Experience Four years in the making