|Andrei Kostitsyn lit the lamp twice against the Senators. |
Here’s a numerical look at the Canadiens’ resounding 7-5 win over the Senators on Monday night at the Bell Centre.
- Goals scored by the Habs against the Sens, the Canadiens’ highest total versus Ottawa since the Senators returned to the NHL in 1992-93. 14
- Different players in the Habs’ lineup to have picked up at least one point on Monday night. 6
- Canadiens players to have reached the 50-point mark this season following Andrei Kostitsyn’s goal in the opening moments of the game.
- Goals scored by the elder Kostitsyn over his last three games on his way to reaching the 25-goal mark for the first time. 35
- League-leading number of games won by the Canadiens this season when they score the first goal. 20
- Wins by 20-year-old Carey Price
this season making him the first NHL rookie goalie to do so since 2005-06.
- Candles blown out on his birthday cake today by NHL all-time iron man and Habs assistant coach Doug Jarvis. 47
- Games this season in which the Canadiens have scored three or more goals. Montreal is 37-4-6 in those contests.
- Team-leading number of shorthanded goals scored by Tom Kostopoulos this season.Manny Almela is a writer for canadiens.com