MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Blue Jackets game at the Bell Centre on Thursday night.
– Number of seasons since the Columbus Blue Jackets’ inaugural campaign in 2000-01 in which the Ohio-based club has visited the Bell Centre on more than one occasion in the same season. The Blue Jackets made their second stop of the year in Montreal during the 2013-14 campaign on Thursday night. 32
– Number of players that were selected ahead of current Columbus Blue Jackets head coach and former defenseman Todd Richards before the Canadiens made him the 33rd overall pick in the 1985 NHL Entry Draft, the first ever draft staged outside of Montreal. The event was held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.2
– Number of times over the course of the last three games that Brendan Gallagher has lit the lamp. After opening the scoring for the Canadiens in the first period, the right-winger became the team’s second-leading goal scorer this season by tallying for the 18th time on the year.28
– Number of points Alex Galchenyuk has racked up thus far during the 2013-14 campaign, a new career-high for the 20-year-old forward who posted 27 points during the his rookie season last year. Galchenyuk accomplished the feat by registering his 16th assist of the season on Gallagher’s first period goal.3
– Number of consecutive games in which Tomas Plekanec has registered an assist. The Czech centerman picked up the secondary assist on Gallagher’s goal on Thursday night.790
– Number of days that have elapsed since Max Pacioretty last dropped the gloves before going toe-to-toe with Blue Jackets forward Ryan Johansen during the first period on Thursday night. Pacioretty’s fourth career fight saw the power forward come out a clear winner to the delight of the Bell Centre faithful. He last fought on Jan. 20, 2012, going up against Penguins forward Chris Kunitz.
8 – Number of times Thomas Vanek has reached the 25-goal plateau in a season during his NHL career, reaching that mark on Thursday night with a third period tally that tied the score 2-2. The Austrian-born forward has failed to reach that mark only once – in 2012-13 as a member of the Buffalo Sabres. - canadiens.com
Number cruncher: Vanek’s bushels of goals