MONTREAL – Here's a numerical look at Thursday's game between the Habs and the Hurricanes in Montreal.
– Number of Habs players who have hit double digits in goals so far this season, a list that now includes Dale Weise after the gritty forward banged home the game’s opening marker in the first period. 3
– Number of Habs players who have now hit the 20-goal benchmark in 2014-15, with Brendan Gallagher scoring his career-high 20th
of the season in the first period against the ‘Canes. 7:05
– Ice time enjoyed by Nathan Beaulieu in the first period, making the young blue-liner the second-most used Habs in the lineup in the first 20 minutes, trailing P.K. Subban by just five seconds in the opening frame. 3
– Number of points racked up by Brandon Prust in his last two games, following up Tuesday’s two-assist performance by adding a helper on Weise’s opening goal on Thursday night. 6
– Number of multi-point nights enjoyed by Weise so far this year, picking up a goal and an assist against Carolina to bring his season total to a career-high 28 through 69 games. 4
– Combined number of penalty minutes accrued in the first 40 minutes of action, with both teams picking up just one minor penalty apiece, both on the same play in the first period. 32
– Number of times the Canadiens have won this season after scoring three or more goals, losing just three games after potting three or more, including two in shootouts. 49:06
– Amount of time needed for the first power play of the night to be awarded to either team, a slashing minor to Andrej Nestrasil giving the Canadiens their only man advantage of the evening.9
– Number of wins now racked up by Carey Price in his last 11 starts against the Hurricanes, going 9-1-1 in that span.
– Number of times Max Pacioretty has hit or surpassed the 35-goal milestone in his career, now just five shy of hitting the elusive 40-goal benchmark following his third period marker against Carolina.
This kid's got it all
Ready and willing