NEW YORK -- Here's a numerical look at the Eastern conference match-up between the Habs and the Rangers at Madison Square Garden on Friday night.
– Number of seconds needed by Travis Moen
and Brandon Prust to square off for the first fight of the night, dropping the gloves right after the opening puck drop at MSG. 1:43
– Amount of time needed by P.K. Subban
to even up the scoring for the Habs after Artem Anisimov got the Rangers on the board just over five minutes into Friday’s game. 5
– Number of times Jacques Martin has used both of his netminders in a game, with Alex Auld coming in to replace Carey Price
18 minutes into the first period.27
– Number of assists racked up by Roman Hamrlik since the start of the campaign, tying him with Scott Gomez
for second on the team behind Tomas Plekanec
– Number of goals scored by James Wisniewski this season, a career-high for the 27-year-old blue-liner.2
– Consecutive number of games in which Jacques Martin has had nine veterans out of the lineup with injuries.6
– Number of times this season the Canadiens have allowed five or more goals in a game.1,123
– Number of days since the Habs recorded the greatest comeback in team history, erasing a 5-0 deficit against the Rangers to score six unanswered goals for an historic 6-5 win.
More of the same