MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Avalanche game at the Bell Centre on Tuesday night.
– Number of days since Patrick Roy made his way from the main entrance on Avenue des Canadiens de Montreal into the Bell Centre and through the stands in a triumphant homecoming to see his No.33 raised to the rafters on Nov. 22, 2008, returning to his old stomping grounds for the first time on Tuesday night as head coach of the Avalanche.
– Number of times Dale Weise has gone toe-to-toe with Cody McLeod in his NHL career, dropping the gloves with the Avs’ winger once again in the first period. 16
– Number of goals newly-acquired forward Thomas Vanek has scored against the Canadiens during his nine-year NHL career, making amends with his first as a Hab in the second period off a perfect feed from David Desharnais.
– Number of points racked up by Desharnais in his last 10 games, picking up two assists against the Avalanche to bring his total to two goals and nine helpers in that span.29
– Number of NHL teams Carey Price has now won against in his career, scratching the final team off that list with a win against the Avalanche on home ice on Tuesday night. 5
– Number of games needed by defensive-defenseman Mike Weaver to get his first point with the Canadiens, registering an assist on Travis Moen’s spinorama goal to tie the game at two apiece in the second period.
– Number of multipoint nights enjoyed by Prust so far in his NHL career, going top shelf over J-S Giguere in the third period to add a goal to his earlier assist.
– Number of times Andrei Markov has finished an NHL season with 40 or more points so far in his 13-year career, hitting the benchmark on Tuesday thanks to an assist on Prust’s third period marker. 4
– Number of multi-goal nights enjoyed by Vanek in 2013-14, picking up a hat trick against the Avalanche to record his first, second and third goals as a member of the Habs less than 60 minutes apart. - canadiens.com