MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at the Habs-Caps matchup at the Bell Centre on Tuesday night .
– Number of seconds needed by Travis Moen
to make up for the flukey goal scored by Marcus Johansson in the opening minute off a strange bounce off the boards with a board-assisted marker of his own a shift later. 3 –
Number of times since joining the Habs last season that Moen has found the back of the net in two-straight games, getting his Canadiens career off on the right foot last year with goals in the team’s first two games of the campaign. 3
– Number of times Paul Mara has dropped the gloves in as many games, squaring off against Matt Bradley in the first period on Tuesday night.
– Number of minutes Hal Gill and P.K. Subban
were on the ice during the team’s 4-on-3-turned-5-on-3 penalty kill at the end of the first and beginning of the second periods.
– Number of points racked up by Andrei Kostitsyn in as many games of late, including four goals and six assists in that span. 44.4
– Percentage of Lars Eller
’s points that have come in the past 12 games, adding eight points to his rookie total after combining for 10 points in his first 53 games to start the year. 7
– Number of times the Canadiens have allowed over 40 shots this season, with Carey Price
kicking aside 37 of 41 Caps shots on Tuesday night. 2
– Number of Habs who didn’t finish the night against the Caps, with both Tomas Plekanec
and Jeff Halpern leaving the game early with injuries.
-canadiens.comSEE ALSO:BoxscoreGame highlightsA Chance to Capitalize A Matter of Respect Letter from Geoff Molson to Canadiens fans