|Bryan Smolinski's first period goal proved the only offense Carey Price and the Canadiens would need.
MONTREAL -- Here’s a numerical look at the Canadiens’ big win over the Devils on Tuesday night at the Bell Centre. 50
- Percentage of Bryan Smolinski’s goals this season that have come at the expense of Martin Brodeur, with the veteran centerman scoring three of his six goals against the Devils. 18
- Number of games since Smolinski last lit the lamp when he scored a pair of goals in a 4-3 win over the Devils in New Jersey on Jan. 24. 19
- Number of goals scored by Smolinski against the Devils over the course of his 15-year career, his highest total against any NHL team.
- Number of seasons since the Habs last rattled off three straight wins or more against the Devils from Oct. 14, 1988 through Oct. 13, 1989.
- Number of times the Canadiens have posted a winning record against New Jersey in a season with the last time coming back in 1992-93. 2
- Number of seasons where the Canadiens have managed three consecutive wins over the Devils, with the only other occasion coming in 1988-89. 20
- Number of saves made by Carey Price
in the first period alone, a season-high by a Canadiens goalie in 2007-08. 7
- Number of points put up by Sergei Kostitsyn over his last eight games, including three goals and four assists. 6
- Number of Canadiens wins this season when they fail to score a power play goal. The Habs are 6-10-4 on those nights.Manny Almela is a writer for canadiens.com