MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at Thursday night's game against the Buffalo Sabres at the Bell Centre.7
– Number of annual Radio Telethons hosted by the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation over the years, with the 2016 edition having taken place during the Habs-Sabres game at the Bell Centre on Thursday night.
– Number of times Max Pacioretty has fired 250 or more shots in a single season in his career, hitting the milestone for a fifth time after 68 games in 2015-16 following his seven-shot performance against Buffalo. 11
– Number of goals racked up by Alex Galchenyuk in the past eight games, potting his 24th
of the season in the second period against the Sabres.9
– Number of seconds needed by Galchenyuk to reply for the Habs after Nicolas Deslauriers opened the scoring for the visitors, lighting the lamp while Bell Centre PA announcer Michel Lacroix was still announcing the Sabres’ goal 9:09 into the second frame. 7
– Number of Canadiens players who have dropped the gloves this season, with Mike Brown adding his name to the list following a tilt with Nicolas Deslauriers in the second period. 66
– Number of players now appearing on Brown’s career NHL fight card after the gritty forward added Deslauriers to that list with his second-period scrap on Thursday night. 7
– Number of multi-goal games enjoyed by Galchenyuk so far this season, having now done so five times in the last eight games following his two-goal effort against Buffalo. 16
– Number of players in franchise history who have realized a 25-goal season for the Canadiens before celebrating their 23rd
birthday, with Galchenyuk adding his name to that list by becoming the first Hab to do so since Andrei Kostitsyn in 2007-08. 45
– Number of assists racked up by P.K. Subban so far this season, setting a new career high in that category after picking up a helper on Galchenyuk’s second goal of the game.
Game Highlights: Canadiens vs. Sabres
The Jean Béliveau Trophy awarded to P.K. Subban
Seventh edition of the Radio-Telethon benefiting the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation
Mike Condon earns Molson Cup honours for January-February